Hi! Happy Friday. What’s going on in your world? I’m headed up to Mike’s family lakehouse in Michigan and then we’re celebrating my dad’s birthday on Sunday night. Happy early birthday, Dad!
– BBC News investigates: the slow death of purposeless walking. In other words, why aren’t people strolling anymore?
– Tears, under a microscope, look very different based on whether you’re happy, sad, frustrated, or feeling nostalgic.
– This nifty chart breaks down the best times to visit the most popular national parks in Canada and the U.S.
– I think the mom steals the show in this charming mother-son wedding dance.
– Cookie dough pretzel bites look crazy delicious.
– Sorta love these lists of mind-blowing facts.
– Trained dancers are freaking out about this Free People ad. As a dancer, I gotta agree that this is sorta embarrassing. Bottom line: there are many, many styles of dance that allow for a wide range of skill and interpretation—ballet isn’t really one of ’em. Any dancers out there, what do you think about this ad?