There are few things on this precious planet I love as much as themed holiday desserts. I think it’s because it takes creativity, patience, and energy to craft a dessert that celebrates a holiday; it’s really going the extra mile.
So lift a virtual fork and strap on a bib. Let’s take a look at some George Washington-approved desserts. (Side note: no way could the First Prez eat these desserts, what with his wooden teeth). Warning: photos may cause drooling.
- Fourth of July dessert kabobs. (Meringue Bake Shop)
- Patriotic cookie pizza. GET IN MY BELLY, YESTERDAY! (Pillsbury)
- Red, white, and blue bundt cake. (Betty Crocker)
- Chocolate-covered pretzels. Pretzels + chocolate = heaven on earth don’t you dare argue with me go to your room (The Ungourmet)
- My own modified recipe from last year, red (white and blue) velvet ice cream cookies sandwiches. (The Midwest Maven)
- Star spangled pie. I think this is the winner for Independence Day 2013 (SnackPicks)
- Firecracker cookies. (Cookin’ Cowgirl)
- Chocolate-dipped ice cream sandwiches. I burn. I pine. I perish. (Taste of Home)
- Red, white, and blue sugar cookies. These look sorta tough to make. But so pretty. Sooo pretty. Come here, pretty. (My Madison Bistro)
What are you guys doing for the 4th? I’m heading up to my boyfriend’s lakehouse for a four-day weekend (happy dance, happy dance). We’re going to watch a fireworks show, shop in the cute lakefront towns, waterski/wakeboard/fall down on the lake, and stuff our faces with red, white, and blue-colored food. My kinda holiday.
Be sure to check back Friday, because I’ll have my usual Round-Up posted. May the fourth be with you.