Before we get to the round-up, we have some blog business to attend to. The winner of the Kelsey D’s giardiniera giveaway is…(drumroll)…Liz over at The Lambent Life! Congratulations! If you could please email me your shipping address, a stork will drop off your spicy bundle of joy within two weeks. Thanks to everyone who participated.
Now, here is a large-and-in-charge collection of websites I stumbled upon throughout the week. Also, enjoy a brand spankin’ new feature below, a round-up of blog posts I found highly entertaining/informative/oooh soo prettyyyy this week.
– The Olympics are nigh, you guys. They are SO nigh. Here is a slideshow of funny faces Olympic divers make while plummeting toward the pool. Check out their
– 23 Reasons to Date a Midwesterner. Self-explanatory, yo.
– I was really saddened to hear about Nora Ephron’s death last week. Thus, I got misty-eyed over her (naturally) poignant list of things she will and won’t miss when she’s gone excerpted from her book I Remember Nothing: And Other Reflections. RIP, Nora.
– Ummm, wild pigs swimming in the Bahamas?! SIGN ME UP.
– Let’s continue the animal theme. A brief history of awesome dogs. And I thought Kiva was the Second Coming just for learning to roll over.
– “Games of Thrones” fans, here is a little something to tide you over until Season Three; fake political ads created for some of the characters. “Daenerys: Wrong for Dragons, Wrong for the Realm” is my favorite.
– I read this letter once upon a time, and it recently resurfaced. If you’ve never seen it before, it’s worth a chuckle: President Reagan’s written response to a little boy who claims his bedroom is a disaster area.
– I have yet to see “The Newsroom” but I plan on checking it out soon. In honor of Aaron Sorkin’s latest TV drama, here is a faaaabulous YouTube montage of Sorkin dialogue throughout the years. Spoiler alert: he reuses a LOT of the same phrases.
– No transition here, just DRUNK RON SWANSON, ready to send you off into the weekend.
Best o’ the Blogs Round-Up
– The Kate Keeper demonstrated how to spice up boring ol’ wooden kitchen utensils with a post on DIY Colorful Kitchen Utensils.
– Liz, over at I Heart Vegetables, shared a mouthwatering vegetarian stir-fry recipe.
– I laughed at Listful Thinking’s rant against snakes. Preach, baby, preach.
– Rachel, at Beauty Anywhere, wrote a great piece on How to Wear Makeup Without Looking Like It, which in my humble opinion, is really the only way.
– A different Liz, of The Lambent Life, posted a recipe for dairy-free blueberry and lemon pancakes. They look delish.